08 Oct Tell-Tale Signs To Check Whether You Have A Fistula Or Not
Even though they are not so common but many people suffer from fistulas and are unaware of it. If you are suffering from a fistula and it remains untreated then it can grow further causing more pain and further complications. So, an early diagnosis is always helpful. Once diagnosed you can visit the best fistula surgeon and get it treated.
Fistulas are like an abnormal passage connecting two organs or vessels that usually don’t connect. Such fistulas can occur anywhere. There are many kinds of fistulas but the most commonly occurring is anal fistula. Other fistulas like urinary tract fistula, enteroenteral fistula, etc. are also observed.
For an early diagnosis one must be aware of the symptoms that come with a fistula. And on the basis of these symptoms one can decide whether or not to see a doctor.
Common symptoms of fistulas:
The below mentioned are the tell-tale signs of any occurring fistula.
- Pain can be observed around the area of fistula.
- Sometimes the pain is coupled with swelling.
- Nausea or vomiting are common in case of fistulas.
- Diarrhoea can also be observed in some cases.
- Constant urine leakage from the vagina is also observed.
- Irritation in the external female genital organs can be experienced.
- Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in case of urinary tract fistulas.
- In some cases, leakage of gas and/or feces into the vagina are also observed.
- Fluid drainage from the vagina can be seen sometimes.
- Abdominal pain is another prominent symptom of fistulas.
Where to go for treatment?
If you have some of the above-mentioned symptoms then you should consult a doctor. And if you have a fistula then you might as well go to the best doctor for it, Dr Ashish Bhanot. He is an expert in treating fistulas and has successfully treated many patients suffering from the same. He is the best fistula surgeon in Delhi and he is also well-versed in various techniques of fistula treatment.